Aperçu avant impression Fermer

Affichage de 14 résultats

Description archivistique
Dr M. T. Woodhouse Donation
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

4 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Dr M. T. Woodhouse Donation

  • GB 2830 WOO
  • Collection
  • 1914 - 1952

This small collection contains items that once belonged to Dr Woodhouse including his camera, home made episcope, film and photographs taken in and around the City of Leeds Training College and his doctorate thesis. His family thought it fitting that some of his personal items should remain on the site of his place of work.

Woodhouse, Maurice Tanton

Dr Woodhouse’s camera

This No.1A Autographic Kodak Jr. was a folding camera owned by Maurice T. Woodhouse, a tutor at the City of Leeds Training College. This particular model with the Kodak Ball Bearing shutter and 1/25s, B, 1/50s, T, and 1/100s was produced between 1914 and 1924. It was made in America by the Eastman Kodak Company and took 116 autographic film. The autographic film had a strip of carbon embedded, a metal stylus and small latch at the back of the camera was included to allow the photographer to attach information to the shot just taken, such as date or title. unfortunately the stylus is missing from this camera. The viewfinder is offset just above the lens and includes a the original shutter release cable.

Eastman Kodak Company

Woodhouse photograph album 1928-31

This is a partial copy of a family photograph album made by Dr Woodhouse, these pages include those photographs of his friends and colleagues at the City of Leeds Training College at the beginning of his teaching career at the College.

Staff at High Cliff

In the years leading up to WW2 plans were drawn up to convert Beckett Park, the site of the City of Leeds Training College, back into a hospital, as it had been throughout WW1. Work began in August 1939 but very soon the hospital conversion was stopped, and the site became a Training Centre for the rest of the War. Meanwhile students and staff of the College decamped to Scarborough where they took over several hotels in the town to act as administration, residences and teaching spaces. This short film dates from between 1940 and 1945 and captures some of the staff and students while working in Scarborough.

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 14