- GB 2830 WOO/Box 4/1
- 1940 - 1945
Parte de Dr M. T. Woodhouse Donation
In the years leading up to WW2 plans were drawn up to convert Beckett Park, the site of the City of Leeds Training College, back into a hospital, as it had been throughout WW1. Work began in August 1939 but very soon the hospital conversion was stopped, and the site became a Training Centre for the rest of the War. Meanwhile students and staff of the College decamped to Scarborough where they took over several hotels in the town to act as administration, residences and teaching spaces. This short film dates from between 1940 and 1945 and captures some of the staff and students while working in Scarborough.