View authority record

West Yorkshire Society of Architects

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

West Yorkshire Society of Architects

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • The Leeds Architectural Society
  • Leeds and Yorkshire Architectural Society

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1876-1928

History

The Leeds Architectural Society was established in 1876, with architect George Corson as its first President. The Society amended its name to The Leeds and Yorkshire Architectural Society in 1883 being formally affiliated to the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1891 and later in 1928 changed its name to the West Yorkshire Society of Architects. Members of the Society were instrumental in the formation of a Leeds School of Architecture in 1902.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

ncarules

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Actions